There’s just something about a cold, rainy evening that makes me want to
light some candles
make a fire in the fireplace
put on an apron
and cook up a storm!
Tonight I made a big pot of
split pea soup
some cornbread muffins…
and a big pot of
pinto beans with ham!
You do realize that it’s only the Hubs and I living here, right?
So, I sent Hubs over to my daughter’s with some soup for them
and we’ll still have plenty of leftovers for the weekend.
But this post isn’t about all that…
it’s about what else I made
and it began with this blog post.
It got me wanting to make muffins…
but not just any muffins…
(photo from Starbucks)
So I did a google search for ‘HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES’
and found this Better Homes and Gardens Recipe
Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 C. whole wheat flour and 1 C. all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (1-1/3 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (juice pack), undrained
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- (I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)
- Line eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in brown sugar. Stir in apples, carrots, and raisins. In a medium bowl combine undrained pineapple, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. Makes 18 muffins.
The muffins are full of pineapple, apples, carrots, raisins…yummm!
Cutting and using parchment paper squares instead of pre-made muffins cups was harder than it looks.
Mine certainly don’t look like Sarah’s @ a beach cottage
and they don’t look like the ones from Starbucks either.
But the good news is that they’re mighty tasty!
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
happily linking here-